GMailMeter (http://www.gmailmeter.com/) is a clever tool, which analyzes your Gmail mailbox for detailed statistics on how you use your email. Hourly and weekly volume, number of words per email, time to respond are all interesting statistics that it measures on a month-to-month basis.
I tried it out and within 30 minutes learned that :
- most of my emails have between 1-100 words (i do like to cut right to the point)
- i get a lot of emails (already knew that)
- i respond to 15% of my emails in under 5 minutes (now that's scary)
- and only 59% of emails are addressed directly to me
- number of emails i send spikes up after 6pm (logical with two little kids in the house)
Overall, GMailMeter seemed like a very useful tool and I recommend everyone else to try it.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with this statistics.
In the past month:
|660 were important|
47 have been starred
I have started 20.29% of them
and have replied to 6.12% of the others
2487 emails received
|received from 580 people|
59.07% were sent directly to me
739 emails sent
|to 138 people|