Here is a list of good technical questions to ask during technical architecture reviews.
If a presenter doesn't know answers to them, then the product is probably not ready to be built:
- Can you draw a systems diagram for me?
- How will this work on 4 or more boxes? How will you load balance requests between them?
- What's the average latency for a request? What can you cache? (Again, if a person didn't think through this, then the systems isn't ready).
- How will you test this?
- What can fail? How can we build a system so that it degrades gracefully when failures happen?
- What are the security risks?